Stock Tranportation, a subsidiary of National Express Corporation (NEC) a well known provider of School Bus Services in the United States and Canada, has several immediate openings for a Maintenance Supervisor/ Shop foreman at our Halifax, NS Service Center. Key accountabilities for this position include customer satisfaction, productivity, technical skills and knowledge, teamwork, personal and facility image and safety as well as a Commitment to Excellence. They will use available resources and staff to deliver Fleet Excellence to include a full compliment of buses for Operations to use daily. To manage within established guidelines and communicate timely with appropriate management personnel.
This position will support adherence to our PMx Program and ensure compliance with service level agreements. Work to ensure consistent achievement of outlined financial and operational objectives and safety guidelines.
**Certified technician must possess a 310t / Red Seal
**Minimum 5 years of fleet maintenance supervision of heavy load fleet shop team maintaining repair and engine rebuilds on diesel truck or bus technical experience
**Hands on experience of diesel and or gasoline engines within a fast-paced large fleet bus, charter or trucking environment
**Must be experienced with computerized diagnostics
**General shop computer knowledge, purchasing, and budget management experience
**Excellent computer skills, Word and Excel
**Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Interested candidates should apply online here: https://tbe.taleo.net/NA2/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=DURHAMSCHOOLSERVICES&cws=5&rid=1662
OR At Our Facility:
STOCK TRANSPORTATION - 51 Frazee Avenue, Dartmouth, NS B3B 1Z4
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for hands-on day to day supervision of a local maintenance facility. Maintenance Supervisor oversee and participate in the preventive maintenance and the repair of the buses used to provide service to NEC customers in the service area associated with the maintenance facility. They have operating responsibility for operations of the local maintenance facility and the staff which works in it. They implement maintenance standard operating procedures on the local level, and ensure that maintenance staff follows them in carrying out their duties. They oversee the daily upkeep of the maintenance facility, any offices associated with it, and the parking lots (local and satellite) served by this maintenance facility.
1. Maintain the maintenance shop and its associated facilities in a state of operational readiness during its scheduled working hours.
2. Oversee (and personally comply with) the local implementation of NEC maintenance and safety standard operating procedures in this maintenance facility, ensuring that local maintenance staff follow them, and comply with all locally applicable public authority legislation, regulation and standards.
3. Oversee the local use of NEC's EAM (Enterprise Asset Management) ERP application, and maintenance facility staff to record and to track local maintenance work orders and local parts inventory. (This includes using this application personally.)
4. Oversee the parts inventory maintained and used in this maintenance facility.
5. Oversee (and participate in when appropriate) the work needed to implement preventive maintenance for the vehicles serviced by this maintenance facility.
6. Oversee (and participate in when appropriate) the work needed to complete "unscheduled repairs" to the vehicles services by this maintenance facility.
7. Represent the maintenance activity at the local level in its interaction, communication and coordination of activities with other local operations functions: driver care, route operations, and customer care.
8. Supervise the maintenance staff at this maintenance facility.
"Our Commitment Is To Deliver Fleet Excellence Every Time"
Skills In: Engine repair, Test and adjust units to specifications Engine repair and overhaul, Electrical and electronic systems, Diesel engines, Diagnostics, Alignment, Fleet Mechanic, Valve and injector adjustments, steering and suspension adjustment, Diagnose faults and malfunctions Brake systems, Complete brake jobs and wheel seals, Lubricate , Heavy-Duty Equipment mechanic, Hydraulic systems, diagnostic tools, 310T Truck & Coach License / Red Seal endorsement, brake & Engine calibration devices, preventive maintenance, Bus Mechanic, Fuel and emission systems, Ignition and electrical systems, combustible engines Automatic transmission, Lead Tech, Maintenance leader, KPI's, RTA, Manager, Supervise mechanic, Standard transmission, driveline components , Inspect and test mechanical units, School Bus, Repair and replace mechanical units, suspension systems, Drive train components, Collision repair, Diesel Repair, R&R, Overhaul, Maintenance of commercial transport truck systems, DOT inspections, off road equipment repair, automotive/diesel repair certification, Master Mechanic, Bus Garage Mechanic, Services tech.
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Compensation: DOE $55k - $62k
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.